The events of the week of September 7th, 2020 have been devastating. Independence Northwest is here as a support for the communities of Clackamas, Washington, and Multnomah counties.
This list of resources is by no means comprehensive, but we will continue to add to it as we get more information.
If you would like to share resources with us or if you have updates to existing resources, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
Most recent update: 09/13/2020 2pm
The Red Cross Safe and Well Registry
Register Yourself as “Safe and Well”
Click on the “List Myself as Safe and Well” button to register yourself on the site.
Search for Loved Ones
Concerned family and friends can search the list of those who have registered themselves as “safe and well” by clicking on the “Search Registrants” button. The results of a successful search will display a loved one’s first name, last name and a brief message.
- Statewide Fire Map
- Oregon Fire and Hotspot Interactive Dashboard
- Oregon Smoke Interactive Map
- OregonAIR app for iPhone and Android.
- AirNow EPA Air Updates
- Clackamas County Evacuation Live Map
- Air Quality Map
- Fire & Smoke Map
- NWCC Interactive Map and Twitter Update
- Eugene Emergency Alert with resources
- National Weather Service.
- Pacific Power Power Outage Map
- PGE Power Outage Map
- Road closures + travel conditions: Oregon Department of Transportation’s TripCheck
- Public Alerts (official local alert system for the following areas)
- State of Oregon: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Columbia, Linn, Benton, Marion counties
- State of Washington: Clark, Cowlitz, Skamania, Wahkiakum counties
- VIDEO: Sign Up for Public Alert in some languages
- FEMA Text Alert
- American Red Cross alert app (ARC leads emergency shelters), Twitter link
- Nixle Alerts
- Clackamas County
- Recovering After a Fire (Red Cross)
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network Wildfire Resources – Excellent resource for children and adults alike
- Free storage: U-Haul offering free storage for 1 month for evacuees
- Free lodging: Hoxton Hotel in Portland offering free hotel rooms for evacuees
- Free lodging: Milwaukie Elks Lodge is hosting evacuees
- Xfinity offering free WiFi hotspots
- Oregon Volunteers Twitter Feed – tons of up to date supports and resources
- ORVAD – Interactive map showing where you can donate or receive resources
- Psychological First Aid Course – a free Coursera course offered by Johns Hopkins University
- Preparing for disasters & insurance claims
- Homeowners insurance & wildfires
- After a Wildfire
- Post-Wildfire Recovery
- Rebuilding After a Wildfire (California OES)
- Rebuilding After a Wildfire (FEMA)