If you answer yes to the following questions, you most likely qualify for our services!
- Are you an Oregon resident?
- Are you 18 or older?
- Do you have a documented Intellectual or Developmental Disability?
- Do you currently receive Medicaid?
- Do you live on your own or with loved ones in the community?
- Must have its origin in the brain
- Must be established prior to the age of 22, or in the case of intellectual disability the condition must be determined before 18 years of age
- Must be expected to last indefinitely
- Must result in significant impairments in at least two areas of daily functioning: self care, communication, cognitive, mobility, self direction, capacity for independent living and economic self sufficiency
- The impairments must not be primarily related to: mental illness, substance abuse, an emotional disorder, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), a learning disability or sensory impairment
The most common developmental disabilities include: intellectual disability, Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and fetal alcohol effect or fetal alcohol syndrome.