Looking for Energy Assistance Resources?

A list of energy assistance resources courtesy the fine folks at Rose City Resource:

  • 901 SE Oak Street Suite 106
    (503) 669-8350
    Call for Availability.

    May Provide Energy Assistance.

  • 10055 E Burnside St.
    Portland 97216-2333
    (503) 988-6020
    Call for availability.
    Transit: 19, 20, MAX blue line

    May provide Energy Assistance.

  • 1335 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
    Portland 97214-3691
    call for availability
    Transit: 14, 10

    Utility assistance when funds are available.

  • 6535 SE 82nd Ave.
    Portland 97266-5658
    10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mon.-Thur.
    Transit: 19 or 72

    Help with water, gas, electric services with shut-off notice. Boundaries: 39th-136th, Clatsop to Powell, Powell to Glisan, 60th-82nd.  Call for availability.  Bus service: 19, 72

  • 501 NE Hood Ave.
    Ste. 310
    Gresham 97030
    (503) 405-7877
    Call for Availability.
    Transit: MAX Blue Line, 4

    May Provide Energy Assistance.

  • 12350 SE Powell Blvd
    Portland 97236-3432
    (503) 548*0217
    Call for availability.
    Transit: 9, 17, 71

    May Provide Energy Assistance.

  • 4424 NE Glisan
    Portland 97030
    (503) 235-9396
    Call for availability.
    Transit: 19, 20, 75

    May Provide Energy Assistance.

  • 1631 SW Columbia
    Portland 97201-6025
    (503) 224-1044
    Call for Availability.

    May Provide Energy Assistance.

  • P. O. Box 2148
    Salem 97308-2148

    If you receive food stamps, Oregon Medical Welfare Card, Oregon Health Plan, or SSI, you may qualify for a lower rate. Applications are available at any Oregon Department of Human Resources office or on-line.

  • 1712 NE Sandy
    Call for Availability.
    Transit: 12,20

    May Provide Energy Assistance.

  • 4134 N. Vancouver Ave
    Suite 311
    Portland 97217-2900
    (503) 240-0828
    Call for availability.
    Transit: 4, 33, 44

    May Provide Energy Assistance.

  • 806 NE Alberta St.
    Portland 97211-4530
    9 a.m-1 p.m. Mon., Wed., Thurs. and Fri..

    Electricity assistance with 5-day shut-off notice. Boundaries I-5 to NE 25th Ave., NE Killingsworth to NE Shaver.  Bus service: 6, 8, 44, 72

  • 503-235-8431
    10 a.m.-noon, 1:15-4 p.m., Mon.-Fri.

    Emergency energy assistance.
    Bus service: 17, 19, 33, 70

  • 4620 N. Maryland
    Portland 97217-3626
    6:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Mon.- Thur., 8 a.m.-noon Fri. (Phone calls only); (closed noon hour). By appointment only.

    Assistance for electric, gas, water and oil. Bus service: 4, 72, MAX Yellow Line. No PGE or Pacific Power.

Clackamas County: PGE Energy Assistance for People Who Have Never Received Energy Assistance

An important announcement from Clackamas County Social Services:


This state program operates year-round for low-income Clackamas County residents who have power bills from Portland General Electric.  During the OEAP Summer Outreach, June 1 to September 30, 2010, households that have not received energy assistance are a priority group for this program.

HOW IS ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED? To be eligible, a household’s income must be at or below 60% of Oregon’s median income. The following guidelines are based on total gross household income for all adult members, 18 and older, living in the home and the household size. The household must have an active Portland General Electric account in the name of an adult living in the home.  Both homeowner and renter households are eligible.

Size of Household / Gross Monthly Income (before taxes and deductions)

# of people: 1 Income cannot exceed $1757

# of people: 2 Income cannot exceed$2298

# of people: 3 Income cannot exceed $2839

# of people: 4 Income cannot exceed$3380

# of people: 5 Income cannot exceed$3921

# of people: 6 Income cannot exceed $4461

# of people: 7 Income cannot exceed $4563

# of people: 8 Income cannot exceed $4664

Each additional member add $101

HOW TO APPLY Applications are made through Clackamas County Social Services Division. For more information or to apply for energy assistance, call the Energy Assistance Line, 503-650-5640, select English and option 3.  Funds are limited, so there may be times when assistance is not available.  If you have never received energy assistance before, be sure to say “this is my first time requesting energy assistance” when you call to apply for Energy Assistance.

ENERGY EDUCATION Clackamas County Social Services and Clackamas County Weatherization offer Energy Savings Tips Workshops to help eligible households learn how to reduce their energy usage and improve their economic stability.  Be sure to ask about the workshops when calling for energy assistance.

Visit Oregon Helps to Find Out What Services You’re Eligible For

Oregon Helps is an online clearinghouse that takes you through a series of questions online to determine what services you or your loved one might be eligible for. The site’s services are available in multiple languages. Check it out here.
Services covered include:

Food and Nutrition

  • Food Stamps
  • Emergency Food

Housing and Utilities

  • Federal Housing Assistance
  • Low-Income Energy Assistance (LIEAP)
  • Portland Water Bureau’s Financial Assistance Program

Children and Family Resources

  • National School Lunch Program
  • Women, Infants, and Children Nutrition Program(WIC)
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Employment Related Day Care (ERDC)
Health Care

  • Oregon Health Plan

Veterans’ Services

  • VA Health Care System
  • VA/Military entitlements
  • Veterans’ Home Loans

Financial Benefits

  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
  • Child Tax Credit (CTC)
  • Federal Elderly/Disabled Tax Credit
  • Individual Development Accounts (IDAs)
  • Oregon’s Working Family Tax Credit
  • Oregon Dependent Care Tax Credit
  • Property Tax Deferral
  • Home Care Tax Credit
Senior and Disabled Services
  • Social Security
  • Social Security Disability Insurance
  • Supplemental Security Income
  • Medicare and Medicare Savings Program
  • Medicaid Long Term Care
  • Senior Drug Program
  • Employed Persons with Disabilities
  • Senior Farmers’ Market

Care to Share in Washington County

Care to Share is a Washington County based assistance program that helps individuals with emergency food, energy assistance, rent support and more. Check out their website or see below for more details.

Financial Aid

Clients facing financial crisis may apply to a special fund Care To Share maintains.   Utility – When funds are available clients may request help on a limited basis if they are facing a shut-off.   Rent – One day a month (the 3rd Thursday of each month) qualified clients may call to request assistance with rent for the following month.   We do not provide: cash, bus tickets, transportation or costs, motel room rent, or medical costs.

Back to School

Each August, Care To Share provides backpacks filled with new school supplies for at-risk children attending Beaverton School District schools.  These supplies are distributed though the school administration.

Oregon Heat

Care To Share has been given a contract with Oregon Heat to provide assistance for PGE clients to receive assistance with gas, electricity, wood, pellets and oil.   Clients must call to set an appointment and to verify eligibility.

Water Grants

Care To Share provides water assistance to low income families facing shut-offs.   These funds come to us from three different sources.   We are thankful to Tualatin Valley Water District, Clean Water Services, and City of Beaverton Water.   Without these contributions we could not provide this much needed assistance.