Make a difference this legislative session! We need your voice! Participate in the “Week of DD Advocacy” starting today!
2012 DD Advocacy Message to Oregon Legislators –
“Oregonians with developmental disabilities and their families can’t move backward, we need to move forward! Don’t take away our ability to continue responding to the needs of thousands of people with developmental disabilities and their families with a sustainable, flexible, cost-effective supports and services.”
Here are some ways you can get involved in our week long virtual DD advocacy rally:
FIND YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS
1. CALL OR EMAIL YOUR LEGISLATOR with this message -always introduce yourself as their “constituent”
2. THINK SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Post this message on your Facebook wall and on your legislator’s Facebook wall;
- If you use Twitter, tweet this message;
- And lastly, the Coalition will be posting on Facebook all week so” like” and “share” our advocacy posts.
3. JOIN US AT THE CAPITOL – Thursday, February 16.
- Make an appointment to talk with your legislators and/or their staff about not cutting services to people with developmental disabilities and their families. We will be wearing yellow and have yellow buttons available for DD advocates to wear!
- For those who want to participate in the DD Advocacy Day at the Capitol on Feb 16 but can’t make it to Salem, just take photos of yourself and others holding a Print & GO Rally Sign then post it to your Facebook page and tag your legislator & the Oregon DD Coalition!
Use the Print & GO Talking Points tri-fold brochure for more information for specific budget cuts proposed and our message of advocacy for each.
Encourage your family and friends to get involved in DD Advocacy on Feb 16.