- Need or receiving Voc Rehab (VR), Independent Living (IL) or employment services?
- Been denied VR, IL or employment services?
- Disagree with your VR or IL counselor’s decisions about the services you receive or need?
- Had your VR or IL case(s) closed?
CLIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Disability Rights Oregon’s Client Assistance Program (CAP) helps people having difficulty seeking or receiving vocational rehabilitation services from Oregon’s Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (OVRS), Independent Living (IL) centers, the Oregon Commission for the Blind, and tribal programs.
CAP OFFERS INFORMATION, ADVICE AND ADVOCACY THAT FACILITATES EMPLOYMENT AND INDEPENDENT LIVING.
We provide information about VR, IL and employment services and benefits, teach you how to protect and assert your rights, and inform you about your responsibilities. We can help. Call us.
- Determination of your eligibility for services within 60 days
- Understanding the process and how decisions are made
- Participation in assessments and in the development of your Individualized Plan for Employment
- A written copy of your Individualized Plan for Employment and all decisions
- Review of your Individualized Plan for Employment once a year
- Appeal of decisions you disagree with, including receiving a due process hearing and continuation of services during the appeal period
- Mediation of disagreements if you’ve requested a hearing
- Communicate openly with your VR or IL counselor, including discussing your concerns, interests, desires and goals
- Maintain records of what is said and all paperwork you are given
- Keep your counselor informed of changes in your circumstances
- Ask questions when you do not understand
- Get the facts and follow the correct steps to make a complaint or to appeal if you don’t agree with a decision
DISABILITY RIGHTS OREGON (DRO) promotes OPPORTUNITY, ACCESS & CHOICE
for individuals with disabilities. They assist people with legal representation, advice and information designed to help solve problems directly related to their disabilities. All services are confidential and free of charge.
Disability Rights Oregon is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax-deductible.
Tribal VR — Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
Oregon’s Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Tribal VR — Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
Oregon Commission for the Blind
Voice: 1-888-202-5463 or 971-673-1588
Job Accommodation Network