The State of Oregon has released a preliminary cut list of what might happen if Measures 66 & 67 fail on January 26, 2010.
Their cut list includes:
- Closure of Support Services Brokerages on January 1st, 2011
- Elimination of the Fairview Housing Trust Fund
- Elimination of funding for DD employment and inclusion programs
- Elimination of transportation services for people with disabilities
- 10% reduction in rates for providers who perform residential supports for adults with disabilities
The State has said as recently as the week of January 8th that they have no contingency plan if these measures fail.
The Independence Northwest Board of Directors supports a YES vote on Measures 66 & 67.
To read more about INW’s effect on our local economy, click here and remember to vote on January 26th.