Via Oregon YTP
October 15, 2009
4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Doubletree Hotel
1000 NE Multnomah Street
Join family, friends and colleagues at Connecting Communities 2009 as we celebrate this October as National Disability Awareness Month. Headlined by national speaker Olegario “Ollie” Cantos VII(LinkedIN/BIO), Connecting Communities 2009 celebrates all people living in our community – regardless of age or ability. Ken Boddie (BIO), a KOIN Channel 6 anchor, will emcee the event.
It is our intention that this event will be the catalyst to create a powerful coalition of community partners who represent and advocate with and for those with disabilities. Please look out for our first community meeting which we will convene in mid-November.
* Dance performance by the Disability Art & Culture Project
* Musical performance by Jeremy Doney
* Storytelling by writer and narrator, Choi Marquardt
* Presentation of City of Portland’s 2009 “Making a Difference” awards
* Unveiling of City of Portland’s new Commission on Disabilities
* Interactive showcase of assistive technologies
* Fundraising for the “Returning Veterans Project”
For more information visit: http://www.phcnw.com/cc09/