A Special Announcement from Ann Fullerton, Professor Emeritus of Special Education, Portland State University
Do you know an adult with developmental disabilities that wants to go to college? The Career & Community Studies Certificate at Portland State University provides a four year inclusive college and employment program for individuals with intellectual disabilities in Oregon.
- Person-centered planning and self-directed goal setting
- A unique weekly schedule including academic courses, employment and campus involvement
- Students learn to manage their own schedule and use supports they need
- Part-time employment on or off campus each term
- Enrollment in 1-2 college courses each term with other PSU students
- Choose and participate in PSU’s recreational, social and student organizations
- Academic coaches, peer navigators and CCS advisors support students to succeed in college
But how could they afford it? We have adult students in CCS that are financially independent, receiving SSI and working part time while they attend college. They are eligible for financial aid to go to college. Also, because our students are working in competitive wage integrated employment, they are eligible for an Individual Development Account (IDA). For dollar they earn and place in their IDA account they receive a $3 match up to a total of $12,000 for their education. Lastly, Charles Taylor of Mountain Crest Counseling Services has created our first scholarship for CCS students.
How can we learn more? Attend INFO NIGHT Jan 17th. 6 pm Smith Memorial Union 1825 SW Broadway Portland, OR 97201 ROOM 330
Email us at email@example.com. We would love to talk to you. We can respond via email, phone call, or schedule an appointment to visit us. Review information on our website: https://www.pdx.edu/career-and-community-studies/
What is the deadline to apply? Application Deadline March 2, 2019 (We provide support to apply!)