Introducing “Everyone Communicates: A New Training for Personal Support Workers,” from the Oregon Home Care Commission. Learn strategies and techniques to promote communication partnering between individuals (of all ages and stages) who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities and their Personal Support Worker.
- Communication is a basic human right.
- Communication is key to self determination.
- Your role in communication.
- Communication is more than “speech.”
- “Behavior” is communication.
- Communication partner strategies.
- Making it work: a take home activity.
(Note: This class focuses on communication. Use of low tech to high tech strategies is introduced.)
When: Monday, April 27, 2015
Time: 9:00 – 1:00
Where: NW Portland
Holiday Inn Express
2333 NW Vaughn St
Register Online through the Registry (OR-HCC.org).
Or by calling 1-877-867-0077 Option 2
Or send an email to Training.OHCC@state.or.us
Questions? 877-867-0077 Option 2