The 2013-15 HCW/PSW Collective Bargaining Agreement provides for a new level of worker and compensation. Enhanced and Exceptional Workers provide services to consumers with certain assessed medical and/or behavioral needs, AND have successfully completed additional training.
The Oregon Home Care Commission will be holding the first pilot Enhanced and Exceptional Worker trainings for both HCWs and PSWs in November/December in the Portland area. If you, or someone you know, are interested in being part of the pilot, follow these steps:
1. Make sure your CPR/First Aid is up-to-date. You will need to send a copy of your certification with the application.|
2. Go to the website: ohcc-training.org. Create an account, then log in to your account. Look under “Courses” for the Readiness Assessment for your work group (HCW or PSW).
3. You are allowed to take the Readiness Assessment one time only, so some study ahead of time will be helpful. It is highly recommended that you review course manuals from the classes you have attended that are listed on the website if you have taken them.
4. Complete the Readiness Assessment. You will be able to review your answers after you finish the assessment.
5. If you pass the assessment with a score of 80% or better, you will be directed to the application. Fill this out and send to the Home Care Commission. These must be received by October 20, 2014 to be eligible for the pilot course.
If you do not pass the readiness assessment, you can use the feedback online to determine which topics to learn more about or courses to attend. The assessment will open again in 2015 the next time the course is offered.
For more information contact:
Personal Support Worker Training Coordinator