- What: Join a cooking skills practice group!
- Where: Hollywood Senior Center, 1820 NE 40th in Portland
- When: Third Wednesdays of each month Nov – June from 4 – 7PM
Interested in learning and practicing how to prepare a variety of delicious and healthy dishes without a range or too much knife work? Come learn with us!
- $5 per session – all fees go toward covering the cost of ingredients
- Accessible for all – We’ll use techniques and utensils well suited to adults with disabilities, seniors and those with limited space or appliances.
- Cook up community! – Be part of a welcoming, positive social environment with neighbors of all ages and backgrounds
Please note: There’s a preliminary organizing meeting from 4 – 5PM on November 6th!
This group is led by Eleanor Bailey, an adult experiencing Down Syndrome and an advocate for people with disabilities. The group is also supported by Kitchen Commons, the Hollywood Senior Center and students in the Wholistic Nutritional Program at the Wellspring School for Healing Arts.
Please bring your own personal support if needed. If your support person will be enjoying the meal as well, please have him or her contribute $5 to cover the cost of ingredients as well.
RSVP before each session – reserve a spot by calling the Hollywood Senior Center at 503.288.8303!