From the OrPTI blog:
Recognizing that most kids enjoy the zoo, but some have a harder time than others getting here, Oregon Zoo is inviting children (birth to 18 years) with disabilities and chronic or terminal illnesses, plus their immediate families, to a free evening as a VIP at the zoo on Wednesday, August 26, 2009, from 4-8pm. The Zoo is offering this experience for free as a community service, since medical expenses often prevent these families from enjoying a night out as a family.
Participating organizations (including OrPTI) are helping families get invited. You must registered through one of the organizations to attend.
As part of this special events, participants will receive:
* Free admission to the zoo, free train rides and free access to the Chimpanzee Challenge Maze (extra fee-based summer attraction)
* Complimentary popcorn
* Animal contact with a variety of animals at the Family Farm
* Special performances of the popular Wildlife Live animal show on the main stage
* Costumed characters around zoo grounds
* 25% discount at all zoo restaurants and food stands
RSVPs for VIP Safari will only be accepted through partners. To register contact our Salem office at 888-505-2673, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.