Here’s How to Access State-Funded Gloves and Masks
As of April 27th, 2020, the Oregon Department of Human Services announced access to additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Personal Support Workers. Here is the new process for PSWs to obtain gloves and masks:
Personal Support Workers who need gloves and/or masks should submit a request to the Oregon Home Care Commission in one of two ways:
Click here to fill out a request form for PPE
If you are sending an email request, you must include all of the following:
- First and Last Name
- Provider Number
- Provider Type (Personal Support Worker)
- Name of Case Management Entity (Independence Northwest Brokerage)
- Number of customers you support in a week
- Number of hours worked per pay period per customer (this is what they will use to determine how many gloves or masks they will provide you)
- Type of PPE requested (masks or gloves)
- Whether you would prefer to have the PPE mailed or if you would like to pick it up
Once you complete the process, the OHCC will notify you of available pick up times and locations or how the materials will be sent.
From all of us at Independence Northwest, we’d like to thank you for the essential services you are providing our community at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact the Personal Agent(s) you work with at INW by calling 503-546-2950.
If you have any questions at all about the state’s process, please contact the Oregon Home Care Commission’s, Customer Relations team at OHCC.CustomerRelations@dhsoha.state.or.us
Have questions about where PPE can be picked up in person in the Portland tri-county area? Follow this link to read the May 18, 2020 release from ODDS Director Lilia Teninty: ODDS PPE Notice 05.18.2020